Monday, February 25, 2013

Coconut Oil

I've hopped on the coconut oil band wagon.  It seems everywhere I look people are raving about the wonderful benefits of this product.  You can cook with it, eat it, slather it on your skin, put it in your hair...the list seems endless.  


 I'm going to try it.  For now I'm using it as a moisturizer.  I have also tried it in my hair.  We'll see.  I've also heard rumors of it clearing up breakouts.  I'm a little hesitant to spread oil all over my face, but I'm tempted.  I'll let you all know in a few weeks if this wonder product is actually the wonder product everyone is making it out to be.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love coconut oil, mostly because it's the only butter-like thing Mo can eat and I feel like it's better for him anyway. But, I've been scared to get into some of the unusual uses like hair and face so let me know how it goes for you. My hair and skin gets so greasy anyway so I'm so scared of it getting worse and not better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not cooked with it simply because I'm not a fan of coconut taste. I've heard that some foods have a coconut flavor. How do you feel about that? Does it change the taste of things? So far putting it in my hair has been good. I put it in about 30 minutes before I wash my hair. I mainly put it on the ends and not much at all on my scalp. It takes a couple shampoos to get it out. But so far I think it's a little softer. As for the face, I've only done that twice and not very consistent. I'll let you know how it goes.

      Delete