Last week I saw this on Pinterest.
Pretty cool.
When I went to locate the website an Asian site came up. I did some hunting and found the original site. Click here if you want to have a look.
Tulips are being sold at my local grocery store. Since they were on sale I bought two bundles of 20. Here is my spur of the moment version of this arrangement.
Of course, I didn't take the time to go back and look at it when I decided to do it.
I just started right in.
I would like you to think I actually thought this through and used scotch tape on purpose, since my bowl is clear. But really, I couldn't find masking tape and this was the first roll of tape I found. Turns out, it wasn't such a bad thing.
So here we go. You start out making a grid on the top of your bowl with the tape. Don't place your rows to close together or your flower stems won't fit.
You would think 40 tulips would have filled up a bowl...but they didn't. If you look closely you can see some empty spots. AND since I didn't go back and look at the directions and tried to do it from memory, I didn't trim my tulips short enough.
However, I still like it. It makes our kitchen table cheery. Especially since the outside is still covered in snow.
Here's to hoping for an early and warm Spring!


No comments:
Post a Comment