I made one more decoration for Valentines day. Last year I made a paper chain of hearts. This year I saw something on pinterest that was very similar, but made out of felt. So here's my version.
You will need a couple of large pieces of felt. I chose red, a traditional Valentines day color, and blue for the boys in my little family.
Next, cut two strips of each color, 2.5 inches wide.
Take the two pieces you just cut, lay one on top of the other and sew a seam down one side, sewing them together.
Take the felt and open it and fold it back down to form your heart.
(sorry for the color change, I forgot to take pictures with the red and had to continue on with the blue felt)
Sew the edges together to form your heart tube.
Cut 1 inch strips to form individual hearts.
Don't worry if they look flat. Bend and form them to make a pretty heart.
How you do this next part is up to you. But I wanted mine on a long string. So I used some red thread and strung them together, alternating heart colors.
Ta Da!
You could use different colors and use them for any special occasion, not just Valentines day. I think they could be cool for birthday parties, baby showers, or just because.
Happy heart making.










Cute!!
ReplyDelete