Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cookies

I'm not a huge cookie fan.  I never have been.  Growing up my mom made molasses cookies.  I did like those.  I still like those.  The other day I made a batch.  They have a lot of spices in them that seem to go with the fall.  


Here's the recipe.

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix together the first 4 ingredients.  Add flour, baking soda, salt and spices.  Chill dough for one hour.  Form into balls, roll in sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 8-10 minutes.  


I have to say I'm never patient enough to chill the dough. I didn't do it on this batch and they turned out 
great.  I'm pretty sure I ate the whole batch.



2 comments:

  1. mmm! I love molasses cookies. Although, I like lots of other cookies too, hehe!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does the Ryan, the cookie boy, like them?

    ReplyDelete