Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Happenings

We had a full weekend.  David had a race Saturday afternoon.  It was a race where he had to make several laps.  It was nice for the boys to see  David whiz by a few times and cheer.  In the end he did very well and finished top in his category with the title "Kantonalmeister" in the non-licensed field.  I think he did pretty great and we are all very proud of him!
Getting ready.

Heading off for a warm up.

The boys playing in the car while we wait for the start.

This is the finish area.

Everyone getting ready to go.  David is in the front somewhere.

Cutting the corner...

This is my favorite picture I took of the race.  Sweet victory!

Adrian wanted to stand with David.  Pretty cute!


On a less sportier note.  My favorite fabric store had a sale this weekend.  I couldn't resist and here's what I found.


Mom asked me what I was going to make and I replied with a shrug and a, "but aren't they pretty?!"  She then called me Elsie Jr.  Elsie is my grandma who had barrels (literally) of material.  She was an excellent seamstress.  If I am lucky enough to inherit even the smallest amount of her sewing talent, then I consider it a compliment!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for fabric!!! Was it a store in Schaffhausen? I totally agree with the "aren't they pretty?" statement ... because there will always be something to make with them. :-)

    And Ryan is getting so big! He looks so much older than I remember ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, It's a store in Feuerthalen (just over the Rhein) I love it! I'll have to get some pictures of it posted. It's a cute little fabric shop. It has tons of great fabric. I wish I had known about it earlier.

    ReplyDelete