I planted a couple of tomato plants at the beginning of June. I've done it before in pots on our balcony and had pretty good results. Now that we have a yard I was pretty excited to try it again.
Our summer hasn't been much of a summer really. Very rainy and cold for almost all of July. This did not help our summer vacation or the small crop of tomatoes in the back yard. So now here it is the middle of August and I FINALLY have some little tomatoes turning red. I was hoping for summer vegetables, but I'm afraid I won't be eating very many before September, and then we'll be running into fall. So are these summer or fall vegetables?
These are the cherry tomatoes. I have a few more that aren't in this picture. The temperature is supposed to rise this week and stay warm. Maybe that will turn a few more red. We'll see.
This is my grape tomato plant. You can't really see it in this picture, but they are HUGE! At least twice the size of my cherry tomatoes. I think someone put the wrong tag on this plant. Oh well. I planted lettuce at the same time envisioning a home grown salad. Well, the lettuce crop ran it's course before my tomatoes ever looked anywhere near ripe. Thank goodness we don't depend on my gardening skills for our food.
Wow, I'm impressed... 2 posts in one week for the new blogger. :) The harvest looks tasty but I know what you mean, not much luck for us with our veggies this year either.
ReplyDelete