Monday, August 12, 2013

As Time Goes By

Today was the first day of school.  Adrian started second grade today.  I can't believe how much he's grown just in this last summer alone.  I'm so proud of him.  Today was bitter sweet as I sent him off.  I'm glad for the school routine to start again, but sad we won't have lazy summer days together in our pajamas.

Here are Adrian's first day of school pictures.

Kindergarten 2010

Kindergarten 2011 
(You go to kindergarten for two years in Switzerland)

The mighty first grader 2012

Second grade 2013

 I just realized he's wearing the same sweat shirt in two of the pictures.  At least we got some wear out of it.  Interesting to see that this will be the last season he'll fit into it.  The arms are considerably shorter.  

So the first day of school is over and it's back to routine.  Here's to early dinners, earlier bed times and even earlier mornings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment