Monday, June 25, 2012

Kindergarten Gift

Kindergarten is coming to a close.  Adrian is very excited to start first grade.  I'm a little sad that kindergarten is over.  We really enjoyed his teacher and I think she really likes Adrian.  As a thank you, Adrian helped me with a bag for her.

I got the measurements from the MADE website.  Her bags are a little more simple.  No liner.  I added a liner, a zipper pocket and...

 Adrian added a little message for his teacher.  I had him write his note on a plain piece of material with fabric markers and then I sewed it into the lining.  


I hope she likes it.  I think it's cute.  I'd use it!

2 comments:

  1. Sharla, very nice and a cute idea for Adrian to put his little note inside. You always inspire me. I found a cool site to make some cute pillowcases for kids, so here is the link...I think you will enjoy making these for the boys and as gifts! http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/freepatterns/index.html
    check out the way to make using the roll it up pattern...very cool and easy. I was just home and my mom showed me a pillow case she got as a gift made this way and i was trying to figure out how they did with no showing seams on the band and I had it it somewhat figured, but not quite...so this was cool when I found the pattern today when it was on facebook on the Bernina site!!! Take a look and enjoy and have fun!!
    Love & hugs,
    Gerrie

    ReplyDelete