I've been away from the blogging scene. Since my last post a lot of things have come about. The race season began and David felt like it was going to be a strong season. It really did start well. Then it came to an abrupt halt. Literally.
During a Wednesday night evening road race (two weeks after I took the pictures of the boys at a similar race) he was cut off by another biker, during a sprint. The back tire of the rider in front of him grazed his front tire and over he went. His last reading on the bike computer read 64 km/h or 40mph. Needless to say, I got the dreaded phone call every wife of a biker does not want to get. He'd crashed off his bike and was being taken to the hospital. I threw the boys in the car and drove way to fast to the hospital. Thank the Lord we only live about 5 minutes away.
Long story short he's OK. But, his bike is totaled.
Helmet is done.
His clothes are finished.
He was left with a concussion and some pretty bad road rash.
I'm so thankful it wasn't worse and that he is on the mend. It was a stressful few days after the crash. He's almost fully recovered and started riding easy rides to get back into the swing of things. That was 3 and a half weeks ago. Since then we've had guests in our home and been traveling around with them. They are gone and we are slowly getting back to normal life routine.
When I get all the laundry done (Who am I kidding? That'll never happen!) I'll get back to normal posting.
hope that happens soon - I miss seeing your projects and hearing from you!!
ReplyDeleteso glad to hear David is on the mend. what a bummer.
Was di nid umbringt macht di härter ;-) gueti Besserig. So wie n'ich dich kenn bisch bald wieder uf de Bei :-)
ReplyDelete