Valentine's day is coming up. We really don't do anything on February 14th. Some years I've forgotten all about it. It's not as commercialized here as it is at home. Sometimes I miss it, and other days I don't. But I couldn't pass up trying to make this and hang it in our home for a little extra something.
It's a heart garland. Pretty cool, right? I thought Adrian would like to help me, turns out he wasn't interested. Also, he's sick today and laying on the couch. Poor guy.
Back to the topic at hand. Below is a short tutorial so you can make your own.
Here's what you'll need.
If you don't have a paper cutter, you could use a ruler and a pair of scissors.
Cut your paper into strips. Mine were about 1 inch wide, but you can make them any size you want. Next, cut your long strips in half. I folded mine and then used the scissors to do this.
Now, the fun begins!
Take two strips of paper and staple them together at one end.
Curve it down to form the heart shape.
Staple your next two strips into place at the bottom of your first heart.
And then keep going...
and going...
until you have the length of garland you want.
Hang 'em up for all the house to enjoy!
I couldn't resist making another with the left overs.
I hope you enjoy your heart garland as much as I do.

oh my goodness that is so cute!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it? You should try it with Lina. I think she would love it.
DeleteI could make some of those and add a white heart and it would be very patriotic! Appropriate for Arizona since statehoood day is on Valentines Day and it is the Arizona Centential this year.
ReplyDeleteThat would be a cute idea. I think you should do it.
DeleteLooooove!!!!
ReplyDelete