We had very cold temperatures the last couple of weeks. But for the last couple of days the sun has decided to come out and the temperatures have risen. The snow is almost all gone. Yesterday after church the boys played out on the street and rode their bikes and scooters and I enjoyed the sunshine. It was a short lived enjoyment. It wasn't that warm. After all it is still February. On our way inside I stopped off to look at my barren flower bed and dream about warmer temperatures, pretty spring and summer blooms, shorts and t-shirts with flip flops, sunglasses...when I spotted these!
Praise be! My tulips are coming out of the ground. What a miracle. I did a little happy dance right there on the spot. Now, I realize it could very well snow right over top of those beautiful green buds next week. But I know they are there and that means spring is in the air!
On another note. My dear and lovely boys are TV addicts. It drives me crazy. I know some of this is my own fault. It is so much easier to make dinner or get a break if we just click on the TV. The other day they were fighting about what to watch. Ryan was yelling out his favorite channel while Adrian was refusing to cooperate. Next thing I know there was hitting and screaming. I marched over and turned it off, simple as that. This, of course, created more protests about the stupid thing being off and whining about having it back on. I told them they had plenty of toys to play with and that was their only option. They played for about 5 minutes and then the questions started coming at me about turning the TV back on. I got so sick of saying no, that I made this and covered it up. Now when the cover is on they know it's play time and not to even ask.
Before - with one of our favorite characters.
After
So far it has helped a little bit. When ever the TV has the cover on the kids know it means playtime and not to ask. Plus it keeps off the dust! Two birds with one stone.
Nice! How are you keeping it on?
ReplyDeleteIt's been an adjustment. Adrian will still ask to watch when it's covered and now I just point to it and don't say much. This evening when they came down stairs and found it uncovered there was much rejoicing. At least now it's more of a special treat when they get to watch cartoons.
ReplyDeleteSuch a creative lady you are! I loved the paragraph about the tulip buds. As I was reading it I could just hear your voice in my head. I miss ya!
ReplyDelete