Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Can you believe it is 2012?  I can't.  We spent the New Year at home and went to bed.  We're real exciting people over here.  

Just before Christmas David's mom gave me some material that her mom had been storing for the last 30 years.  I have no idea what I'll do with most of it.  But I did manage to make a few things for Christmas, which I did not take pictures of, and I am kicking myself for.  Here it is all stacked up.


Most of the material has markings on it that would lead me to believe it came from the Provence - France.  I'm pretty sure David's grandma didn't get it there herself.  She worked in a store that specialized in interior decorating and that is probably where it came from.  





This piece still has the store tag on it.


100% Cotton -For those of you who can't read German.


This piece is 125 cm wide and 150 cm long and, at the time it was sold, cost 12 Swiss Francs a meter.

I lined a couple of purses for the grand daughters with some of Grandma's material (forgot to take a picture)  and made these two little things. 
  








Happy New Year!

3 comments: