Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A little sewing

I've done some sewing in the past couple of weeks.  I'm kind of proud of this little number.  I made up the pattern myself and here is what I came up with. 




It's a cute little clutch, perfect for a night out to hold your lipstick and things.  I don't know that I'll ever have a chance to use it, so I'll probably give it away.  We'll see.

Next, I have cautiously entered the world of pinterest.  What I found I liked, but I haven't quite figured it out.  I feel totally behind, but that's OK.  I really don't need another reason to sit behind the computer for hours on end.  However, I did see some little felt wallets on there that inspired these.  


Some time ago I made a purse out of my grandma's old cashmere coat.  These are left over pieces of the coat.  I might have to make a few more.  


Then I had an after thought and put a little decoration on the front. Then I wished I hadn't.  Oh well, they don't look so bad. 



The first one inspired a second one.  Not to bad for not really having a pattern!



Here they are together.  I think I'll make a few more.



2 comments:

  1. oooo! so cute. for the record, i'm as behind on pinterest as you! i still don't get it (and maybe don't want to) and i love your little clutches. the first is gorg and the seconds are very impressive w/o a pattern. and i really do love the decor on the front. i need you to teach me how to sew in a zip ... massive fail last night. i'll blog about it. you'll laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself. I have a love/hate relationship with zippers. I just broke a needle on one about 15 minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete