Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What In The World?!

This morning I sent Ryan off for the second to last day of school.  We are all pretty excited for summer vacation to begin.  He went on his way and I turned around to head back into the house.  On my way inside I walked by my little flower bed. I glanced over only to noticed more of those pathetic plums on the ground.  As my eyes casually roamed over my plants they came to a screeching halt over one of my little flowers.  This is what I found.


Where are all the leaves?  What in the world?  It only took me about 3 seconds to figure out the problem. It has been an on-going problem every summer.  Me vs. the snails.  Yes, those little boogers get me every year.  This is what my poor little plant is supposed to look like.


Thankfully the little monster hadn't made it over to the other one yet.  I stood there staring at my poor flowers only to discover more evidence of his destruction all over my flower bed.

Enter exhibit A...

And B...
This one doesn't look so bad.  But Trust me.  The leaves are all chomped on.

Well, I caught him.  Red handed.  Living peacefully under my hosta plant.  
His peaceful leaf eating days were abruptly ended as I flung him into the forrest.  
Good riddance.  

I immediately went straight into the garage for a little assistance.
Yes, friends you've guessed correct.  Snail poison.  I'm not messing around here.  We are going to the hard stuff, and it works.  Those snails can get ready to meet their maker.
They better hope my flowers come back from the grave or they are going to have to go to theirs.




No comments:

Post a Comment