It was a Wednesday afternoon. I remember I was wearing a red button up blouse. It was December in Arizona and I even had on a jacket. A black leather jacket to be exact. David called me at work. "Hey," he said. "We have an appointment at 4:30." After teaching a hand full of seventh graders and cleaning up my classroom, I climbed into the car with David and met my parents at the justice of the peace. We were second in line. I thought to myself, "Who gets married at the justice of the peace in the middle of the week?" Apparently we did. It was finally our turn. I didn't think I'd get emotional. After all, this was just for paper's sake and speeding up the immigration process for David's green card. The "real" wedding with the big dress and the black tie, wasn't until the end of the month. But I did. We said our vows, said I do, kissed the bride, and signed the paper. That was that. Done. We were married. Just like that. We drove back to mom and dad's house. Mom asked if we could pick up hamburger buns on the way home for supper. We ate dinner, I went to worship practice, he watched the Sun's game with my dad and my brother. We became husband and wife and I've never regretted one day since.
Happy Anniversary David! I love you!
P.S. Obviously this isn't the justice of the peace. :)

Happy Anniversary. I remember that day!
ReplyDeleteYaaay! I don't think I've heard that story. :-) Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete