Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sewing With Friends

Last week I had a Skype call with a friend and we did some sewing together.  It was fun!  She wanted to make a maxi skirt together.  It was a new experience for me since I've always used an old skirt as a pattern.  We took our measurements and cut out the form, sewed it up AND....they were too big.  Funny.  I'm glad they were too big.  Better than too small. 
After our sewing date, I took it apart and sewed up the seems to make it a bit smaller, only to realize I sewed the waist band on backwards and had to do it again.  Now it's done and I wore it to church today.  I paired it with a scarf that I also made from some of the material from the Salvation Army.  I couldn't decide if I was going to keep it or sell it on the Etsy shop, but it went so well with my skirt I decided I better keep it.  

Ta da!

It's made from a heavier cotton jersey, so it's perfect for winter.

(Don't mind the wrinkles.  I was sitting on the couch eating pizza before I took these pictures.)


My scarf is an infinity scarf.  I made it long enough so it can be worn in different ways. On those extra cold days I can even wrap it around my neck three times.


I'm kind of proud of how it turned out.  
Thanks for the sewing date friend!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Let's do it again. And I still think it should be called "Sewing with Sharla". hehe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new outfit! Turned out very nice! I am still very much enjoying the scarf you made for me. :)

    ReplyDelete