Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Time

The sun finally decided to make an appearance last week.  It's about time, is all I have to say.  The temperature went right up into the 90's.  So thankful.  I was starting to wonder if we were going to just swing past spring and summer and head right back into fall.  

Last week we had visitors from home.  It was great fun catching up with them.  Our kids are very similar in age and personality.  The visit was nice.  On a particularly sunny day we decided to grab some baskets and head to a local farm to pick strawberries.  The kids had a lot of fun and picked quite a few strawberries.  We finally cut them off and headed off to pay.  We really should have been paying more attention to how many they picked.  We quickly realized we would be needing to turn some of our 26 pounds of strawberries into jam.  Ha!  It was fun and we managed.  



I really wish we lived closer.  It was so nice catching up on our friendship.  I hope that we can have more of these pictures in our future.


Thanks for the visit friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment