Monday, May 6, 2013

Plants

Spring has finally sprung.  
Thank goodness.  I was starting to wonder if it would ever come and if my tulips were ever going to bloom.  For some time, they were just sprouts of green leaves and nothing else.  I had to fight the snails off hoping that it would not be in vain and they would flower.  They did not disappoint.





Ryan and I planted a few more plants in some pots for the balcony today.

Not so sure about this set up.  The clouds were starting to roll in so that is where I plunked them down. The geraniums are the new plants.  That other one (not sure what it's called) managed to survive the winter and has sprung up from last year.


It was kind of an emergency planting session.  I realized my hydrangeas were looking a little wilted and need to be planted right away.  So here they are.  Probably one of my most favorite plants to have in the garden.

These next flowers are the last of the new ones for this spring.  I spotted them a couple of weeks ago at the nursery and scooped them up right away.  For one, I like the color and two, they remind me of a flower my grandma Davis used to have.  These are slightly different.  But I'm positive they are from the same family.  They filled a flower bed right off of her front  porch.  And when the flowers were closed the green foliage reminded me of green beans.  I used to wonder if they tasted the same...I never tried it though.  


Here they are in my garden, many miles away from Casa Grande.  Even so, when I look out at them I feel just a little bit closer to home and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment