Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's a Purse

I've been trying to stock up my shop with new things.  It takes time.  On most days I'm very motivated.  I enjoy seeing a bag take shape. On other days, it's just work.  This project was a little of both.   Here's why.

I bought this purse some years ago at Target.  Then one day the little wooden ring broke.  I glued it back together and kept on trucking.  Then I had kids and it was suddenly too small.  I stashed it away thinking I could use it as a pattern and make another one.  That was 7.5 years ago.


Last week I started to process of taking it apart to use as a pattern.  
Here's the result.


It was a lot of work.  But I managed.  I kept the lining of the bag intact so I could see how it was put together.  Here's the new bag. 



I like it and I think it was worth the 7.5 year wait.  It's in my Etsy shop if you want a closer look or you think you might need it for your collection.


1 comment: