Thursday, March 29, 2012

A new shirt

I have recently entered the world of Pinterest.  I think it's pretty neat.  And I am proud to say it hasn't occupied my time as much as I was afraid it would.  It's a nice way to share ideas and get new ones.  After all of the "pinning"  I finally tried something I found.  I've wanted to try and draw a design on a plain t-shirt with a bleach pen for a long time.  However, it wasn't going to be possible to do this living here since I wasn't going to find a bleach pen anytime soon.  My mom was kind enough to send one to me, and I got right to work.

You need a plain t-shirt, some newspaper, and a bleach pen.  My computer is there in the corner because I needed some decoration inspiration.  I wasn't really sure how it would turn out, so I decided to copy someone else's design first.  I'll try my own next time.
You stick the newspaper inside the shirt so it won't bleed through to the back.  And off you go.


 I got started and was just going to draw with the bleach pen and then thought better of it.  I got out my fabric marking pen and drew it first.  Then I traced over it with the bleach.  Next you let it sit for 30 minutes and then rinse and wash.  




When it's all done, put it on and enjoy your fancy new t-shirt!




After I did this I felt a little bleach pen crazy and that's all I wanted to do.  I started thinking about all the boys old play shirts and how I could spruce them up.  I think I'll save that for another day.

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! SO cute! :-) very nice. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You'll have to try it. You'll have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man that's cool! The tulips in the previous post look great too!
    I think I'll have to try that shirt thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your shirt.
    Some people think flowers look better in a flower bed when they are grouped rather than planted singly. They have more impact.

    ReplyDelete