Friday, November 11, 2011

Sunday Outing

Last Sunday the weather was really nice.  After church we set off for the Hagen.  This isn't my most favorite walk really.  The Hagen is the highest point in Schaffhausen.  At the end of this walk is the Hagenturm - a tower you have to climb that freaks me out.  I'm not a very big fan of heights.  The view is pretty amazing though.  On a good day you have a panoramic view of the Alps.  It still freaks me out.  If you're interested the Hagenturm has a webcam.  
http://www.wamo.ch/~webcam01/index.php  I just looked at it and there isn't a view at all.  It's a big grey screen. It's pretty foggy today.  
OK, on with the pictures that I took along the way.

Here's Adrian showing me a "dinosaur tooth" he found. 

You can't hike without a walking stick. Adrian sat in tree sap in this picture.  Any bright ideas on how to get sap out of pants? 

Trees.

Fall leaves

The dreaded tower - only for me.  The boys (David included) think it's great.

At the top.  Poor Ryan, I'm pretty sure I have a death grip on him.

Family picture.

Adrian had seen it after about a minute and was ready to go back down.  My feelings weren't hurt. Here he is guarding the bottom of the stairs.

"Who goes there?!"

"Dad, are you ever coming down?"

It was a nice Sunday.  I survived and will live to climb the Hagen another day.









1 comment:

  1. I'm liking your blog Sharla. So glad you decided to start one. :)

    ReplyDelete